Friday, August 25, 2006

Boat or not to Boat!

As some of you know we lived in Florida for five years..( myself and my husband)..just moved back this past April...While living in Florida, we decided to purchase a BOAT!...18ft..Bow Rider, set seven people/or nine hundred pounds which ever came first...First
trip out in boat was my husband and my cousin into Gulf of Mexico about 6 miles out...everything was fine they said...The next trip out our son (Jimmy) his family had came down on vacation...so they decided they ( husband and son) were going to take boat out and fish..RIGHT!..About an hour or so into them leaving I get this phone call from our daughter crying ,(she had called our cell phone as she thought we had all went boating) her dad answered the cell phone and yelled I cant talk were taking on water... and your mom isnt here....she called my house screeming and crying trying to tell me what was going on...I told her to hang up..I tried calling cell phone no answer by this time I was nervous...so my daughter in law and kids jumped into the van and we went to where they put the boat in..there they were, Stanley, Jimmy, one boat and two strange men putting the boat onto the trailer...so I hurried and called our daughter and told her everything was fine...They who I mean by they ( Stanley and Jimmy) had taken the boat out ,were 4 miles out in the channel, taking on water, remembered they didnt put plug in....tried to put plug in , dropped plug into water...boat stulled out...couldnt get it started...these two strange men had to tow them back to shore/dock...Happy ending...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home