WAR BUDDY
When my hubby was in the Army, he was stationed in Korea for a year then sent to Vietnam he was in Nam from 1965-1966..while in Korea and Vietnam he had three special friends, Bob Brown, John (Jack) Reed, and Dicky Woods...After the being sent home after their tour of duty they went their seperate ways..all I heard was the names of these three over and over for years.One night in 2000 while sitting at the computer stanley asked me to look and see if Phrang Rhang Vietnam still had the air strip which he helped build, don't ask why he asked,but he did..So I started looking..I got into a Web Site called VetsHome.com..I'm just strolling through this site and came upon a name (Bob Brown) so I sent him and email...Low and Behold..I get this email back with a picture attached! Yep you guessed 33 years later and on a computer I found Bob Brown! I just set there and screemed..Finaly calmed down enough to tell Stanley...I got off computer cause Bob was going to call Stan...well he did and they talked for an hour...we kept in contact then in 2001 we lost all contact with him...Well that same year we decided to move to Florida after my husband had lost three toes to type 2 diabetes from the spraying of Agent Orange in Viet nam.. and was now military disabled 100% plus social security disabled...we got settle in and Stan asked me to see if I could find Bob once again, they were in Oklahoma when we last had contact...Well I found him and his wife they were living in Tampa Florida! Yep thats right 20 minutes from us in Clearwater..What a reunion After 35 years and each thinking the other was dead they were once again reunited...after a few years we found John (Jack) and we have kept in touch with him by phone he lives in Virginia...But we never found Dickie Woods...It just goes to show the computer isn't all that bad....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home